Homemade Laundry Soap

7:19 PM

So, I've made the baby shampoo from Castile soap and it worked out great. So this morning, when I ran out of Laundry Soap I thought to myself "I wonder if I can make a laundry soap with my Castile soap" and to Google I went. My question was answered with "yes" and then a recipe followed. It was for 2 gallons, but I cut it in half to just make 1 gallon at a time. I mean, I didn't know if it would actually clean or not. My first go at a homemade soap didn't turn out so well. But when it cleaned the husband's Carhartts I knew I had a winner.

Here's what you need:
A glass jug of some kind. I found mine in the canning section of Wal-Mart for $13.74

Washing soda. I found it at Wal-Mart and it cost $3.97

Baking Soda. Buying in bulk is cheapest. Here you can find it at Winco.

Castile Soap. Which you should definitely buy in bulk. Its about $6.00 at Market of Choice vs the soap sitting on the shelf, same fluid ounces for $9.99.

White Distilled Vinegar. I bought ours for $1.64 at Wal-Mart. You'll add this to your fabric softener tray to be added to your rinse cycle. And no, it doesn't make your clothes smell like vinegar.

Last- 30 drops of your favorite Young Living Essential Oil. I used 30 drops of Thieves and 27 drops of Purification.

How to mix:
Take your jug, set it in the sink. Put 1/4 Cup of Washing Soda in the jug. Run hot tap water over the soda, just enough to dissolve it. I stirred it around with a wooden spoon.

Next, add 1/4 Cup of baking soda, stir it around to get it all dissolved.

Fill the jug with hot tap water till the jug is almost full. Leave about 1/2 an inch from the top.

Add 6 Tablespoons of Castile Soap. Stir.

Next add your oils. I chose to use 30 drops of Thieves Essential Oil and 27 drops of Purification.

When you do a load of laundry add 1/3 C of your laundry soap to the load and 1/2 C of Vinegar to your fabric softener tray and viola! It surprised me! Hopefully it works for you!


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images